Did you adopt an Oriental Shorthair or Oriental Longhair cat or kitten? It’s no surprise these are very popular pets. At first glance, they are simply beautiful felines, known as the “rainbow cat.” Why? Because the Oriental Shorthair and Oriental Longhair can have up to an impressive 300 variations of coat color choices – simply astounding and delightful shades, blends and patterns.
This cat breed has been seriously bred since the 1970’s and is a real favorite of many. Many owners describe it’s friendly and loyal purrsonality as almost “dog like” – though we all know that cats can be this way too! Both the Shorthair and the Longhair cats love to spend time with their human companions, they really don’t like to be alone. This is a cat that will enjoy just being with you and will wait by the door, looking forward to when you come home.
The Oriental Shorthair and Oriental Longhairs are also super playful cats, with a high energy level. This is a cat who doesn’t mind performing its fun antics to delight you and your friends, so you laugh and smile. But don’t neglect their high intelligence either – this breed is extremely bright and curious.
- Butterfly – Your Shorthair and Longhair felines are very friendly. So, it’s no surprise that they are social butterflies! This can be a purrfect name for them. Or consider naming them Monarch, after one of the loveliest butterflies you’ll see.
- Sweetie – This is a classic cat name, and simply ideal for this cat breed. Why? Because they have a super sweet temperament and are so friendly. Everyone will instantly know that they are a real sweetie – because they are!
- Sugar and Spice – are a terrific pair of cat names, to show how sweet and delightful your felines are. The “spice” name is purrfect for the kitten who is just a bit more playful than the other one.
- Java – Some of the Longhair cats have a light brown coat, which reminds many of us of a good cup of coffee. Who needs caffeine when you have this great feline to wake you up in the morning?
- Honey – Most adore honey because it is naturally sweet. Why, just like your Longhair or Shorthair cat or kitten!
Some of the Oriental Shorthair and Longhair cats you see will have a lot of white, or light-colored fur. Here are some purrfect flower themed names, especially for your female cat. These are white, ivory, peach, and yellow flowers:
Don’t be surprised when your Oriental Shorthair or Longhair cat or kitten wants to play all the time. And we do mean day & night! This is a naturally bright and curious feline who loves to have fun and has lots and lots of energy. So, what better name than a superhero one? Try one of these:
- Wonder Woman
- Clark Kent and Lois Lane – Purrfect for your guy and gal pair of cats, when you want names that complement each other!