What could be more wonderful than owning a cat (or being owned by one as we all know)? Why own two cats of course! Getting a pair of cats can sometimes mean “double trouble” but often it simply means doubling your fun.
One of the best things about getting two cats together is they can grow up together and keep each other company. While cats are known for being independent-minded, most do have a social nature and enjoy being around other cats and people. It is also terrific to be able to keep kitty siblings together, adopting a brother and a sister or two brothers or two sisters.
Here are some of our Pairs cat names. Many who choose to get a pair of cats decide to give them complimenting names, it’s just part of the fun!
- Zip and Zap – This is the purrfect set of names for two fun, happy and active cats or kittens that are always on the go. If you have a pair of cats that seem to keep you quite busy, this is a good set of names for them!
- Romeo and Juliet – This star-crossed pair from Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet are one of the most popular couples. If you have a pair of simply inseparable cats, this could be the purrfect set of names for them.
- Starsky and Hutch – These two solved crimes and always seemed to have a lot of fun doing so. Many enjoyed this “buddy” cop show and this set of names could be the purrfect set of “buddy” cat names for your guy cats.
- Dusk and Dawn – Have two sweet female cats that are with each other, night and day? Or maybe you can hear them up in the middle of the night, having fun cat adventures. Try Dusk and Dawn for the purrfect cat names for them.
- Biscotti and Latte – For many, they can’t imagine one without the other – and there are lots of pairs of cats that are quite like this too. If you’ve got a set of cats that seem to follow each other wherever they go, and they complement each other so nicely, this could be the purrfect set of cat or kitten names.
- Cagney and Lacey – Did you get two female cats or kittens and want to give them names that show their friendship is never ending? Try Cagney and Lacey, these two police officers solved crimes and were great friends.
- Lucy and Ethel – Do you have two very funny, best friend cat or kittens? Perhaps they just seem to always find trouble that is lots of fun….or it easily finds them, just as it did Lucy and Ethel on I Love Lucy.
- Hide and Seek – If you have two playful kittens who seem to have their own kitty games going on all the time, then Hide and Seek are purrfect name choices for them. Fun for family cats too or cats for kids.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly – foods can be a fun choice for your cat, and you have so many to select from. What about something yummy like Pizza and Pepperoni? Or Cheesecake and Cherry? This is a popular choice for “foodies” and works well if your cat has a certain coat color or pattern in their coat.
- Yin and Yang – Yin and Yang are masculine and feminine and exist together to compliment each other. This could be the purrfect pair of names for a male and female pair of cats who are always together.
- Pisces and Taurus – Like astrology? Some astrology signs are known to compliment each other quite well, like Pisces and Taurus, just the way some cats and kittens are good friends. Or try any of the astrological signs, from Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.
- Tango and Dip – Have a pair of extra active kitties that seem to enjoy “dancing” from room to room? While they may never tango, they might knock a few bric-a-brac off an end table or two! Try Tango and Dip for purrfect cat names!
- Cher and Sonny – this popular celebrity couple could make for fun cat Pairs names. Or try other celebrity couples, or well known celebrities who are either couples or friends for that purrfect star-struck kitty combination. What about Paris and Nicole? Or Kristen and Rob? Or try TV or Movie character names for inspiration, like Superman and Lois.